New Zealand’s only surviving water-powered flour mill with early machinery still substantially intact.
An important industrial landmark houses the four-storeyed Clarks Mill
Originally part of Totara Estate built in 1866, the heart of the site is the imposing four-storey mill building, constructed of local limestone. The building’s highlight is a rare collection of roller milling machinery installed in 1893. The machinery has been lovingly restored to operating condition by a team of dedicated volunteers who get the machinery grinding into action on a regular basis.