Waitaki Boys’ High School

Like many other schools, Waitaki Boys’ grew as needs arose, but in this case, in the best English public school tradition, with additions following the original style.

The first part was built 1883, followed by additions in 1905 and 1912 to designs by Forrester and Lemon. Dominating the quadrangle behind is the neo-Tudor Hall of Memories, designed by John Forrester and completed in 1927.